Saturday, August 28, 2010


Mittens for the girls  Here are the first of many pairs of mittens for my girls this winter.  My oldest is always outside playing and they never dry fast enough from then last time she's been out.  I plan on at least 5 pairs for T and 3 for L....I hope that will be plenty :) Pattern and yarn info is on my blog.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

first handmade onesie!!

Have you ever heard "Can't find it, Make it?". I have and I did after months of hunting 2T-3T onesie for my 20mth girl. I used my old slevelees tee, color coordinating binding from cotton knit purchased from opshop, snap buttons and spent 2 hours (dont have overlocker). Pretty happy with the result and definitely will make some more :)

More refashion projects on my blog.

Spring has Sprung - nearly!

I needed a new top and skirt for a couple of reasons which I've blogged about here.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010


It's starting to smell like fall here and I've been bitten by the sewing bug again. 


This is a little outfit I finished for my youngest last night.  The dress was once a button down and the leggings were made from a lace trimmed tank.  Pattern info and more pictures can be seen here.  I have lots of plans for this dress and leggings pattern and I can't wait to show you more!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vogue 8615

A little while ago I finished the muslin for my Vogue dress. All in all it's not gone badly. The neckline needed bringing in a bit. I know it's a boat neckine but this is so wide you can see bra strap. The french darts had the tiniest pucker and I have learnt that as a bigger busted lady my darts may need to finish much further away from the bust apex than the pattern states. So I tried shortening them a bit. The only other issue must be with me not the pattern. For some reasont he back seam edges of the bodice and the skirt don't meet. The top is much smaller. I don't know if it's a cutting error, stitching error or a combination of the 2. In this case where I sewed the zip on the skirt part seems about right and the bodice was too tight. So I frakensteined up the bodice to get the fit right.

Now there was one other thing but it's not really an issue right now. This pattern has sleeves. Ha! They are supposed to be set in smooth sleeves. Imagine Victorian School Ma'am sleeves and that was where mine were at. They were also far too tight. Now I do plan on leaving them off the dress I'm gonna make but at some point it would be nice to have a sleeved version so I'm gonna have to practice.

Fast forward a few days and I have finished my first version of this dress. I've not got the darts right yet. They are still a tad on the nipply side. I think that this is part sewing error, part lack of a ham to press them right. But I needed to whip a dress up for a costume so here it is. I've not lined the skirt as I plan to wear a petticoat with it. These pics are terrible, my posture is awful and it really needs ironing. But I was tired and just wanted evidence. I do plan on re-making this one so expect to see an improved version soon.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Hey! here again to show off my latest creation. This is my second custom wrap fluffnnonsense skirt. The brief was: out there! love hot pinks, reds, purples, blue and with a fairy theme.

this is what i came up with. i am really pleased with how it turned out! the butterfly is embellished with sequins for extra sparkle. lots of lovely textures and colours and of course my fluffnnonsense "tie" ties xx
Thought id mention what materials i used. Main part of skirt which you can see amongst the doiley flowers and right of skirt is an op shop doona cover, the back of the skirt has a trim of wide lace that i bought, bottom trim of front of skirt is off a skirt that i thrifted (didnt know what id do with it at the time but..... knew it would come in handy), butterfly is off a thrifted bag, doileys, thrifted,velvet lace and fairy panel bought new. ribbon flower in fairys hair made by my aunty, other fabrics are thrifted, stolen from my friend or were orignially table cloths. fabulous wedges borrowed from a friend ( i soooo wanna keep them!!) and body supplied by me. Smug look on my face.......priceless! xx

Friday, August 6, 2010

In the pink

I made a second version of Simplicity 4127. I'm still not totally happy with the pattern but think I'm almost there.

For a couple of more pics hop on over to my blog