Friday, November 5, 2010

Sewing For Baby

I finally got around to taking some pictures of some of my baby sewing.

I made onesies, using McCall's 6103, out of some old t-shirts and a baby blanket.

This was an old long sleeved T that Rick gave me a while ago. The patch on the arm is actually the tag from the inside of the shirt. I used leftover bits from another t-shirt for the binding.

I highly recommend buying elastics online. You can find a great selection of styles and colors, and it's much cheaper than buying it in a brick and mortar store.

This, and the next two tops, are just peasant style tops that I made using my own pattern. This blue and white fabric was a vintage thrift store find. The pants are made out of old T-shirt sleeves.

I tie-dyed this fabric myself.

This adorable zebra fabric was in a huge box that I got from a friend of a friend. Gotta love free fabric.

I used this tutorial for the kimono top. The pants are made from old sweater sleeves.

I used this tutorial for the little dress. The orange fabric came from an old maternity top, and the flower from a vintage sheet.

I made these leg warmers out of some clearance bin knee socks from Target.

I a car seat canopy using this tutorial. I bought this Alexander Henry fabric about 2 years ago. I bought a bunch because I loved it and it was on sale. I still have a ton left. The yellow fabric was in the same box of free fabric that the zebra fabric came from.

The diaper bag was made using Ikea fabric for the exterior, and an old sheet for the interior. The zipper is a vintage thrift store find. I used this tutorial.

Hope you like,



  1. Wow you have made so much wonderful things, they look so cute and very good quality

  2. Wow! You've made some great stuff, I love the tye dye top and kimono. What a great idea to make the pants from sleeves!! I wish I'd seen this when my kids were babes.