Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hello!

Hi, my name’s Beccy and I’m a bit new here, but you might have spotted me over on WR or on my blog, Wipster :)

I just wanted to share my two newest handmade things!

IMG_9499

The cardigan is the Que Sera pattern from Knitty. It’s taken ages because I got caught up in other projects right in the middle. I like the pattern but I realised late-on that I wouldn’t be able to get the button spacing right so I just added an extra buttonhole when I knitted on the neckband. I think it looks ok? The buttons are some vintage ones I picked up at a jumble sale and the wool is some bluefaced Leicester I hand-dyed with weld an age ago. It’s a little bit itchy, but I’ll get over it because it’s such a pretty pattern!

The skirt was one I’ve had for ages, but it was too big and had a bleach mark on the hem:

IMG_9494

To fix it I added two box-pleats, one in the front and one in the back to pull in the waistband. Then I hemmed it shorter to get rid of that nasty red bleach spot.

Hopefully I’ll have time to make lots more things to show you,

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment