Wednesday, June 9, 2010

anime cosplay costume from the Stash Closet of Doom


Ok, this is my first posting here. I hope everything goes correctly.


Back in February, my daughter and her BFF decided what they wanted to be when they grew up, er I mean attend Project A-kon, one of the largest anime conventions in the continental United States. I said, "Sure, sweetheart, I can make that!" They wanted to be Rin and Len Kagamine, some Vocaloid something or another. I don't know, I just sew.
So I did. The tall girl in the blond boy wig is my daughter.
The shirt was made from a vintage 1960s pattern, modified to fit both girls. My daughter's shorts were recycled from my old black jeans. The other girl's shorts are also recycled from old jeans.
The earphones were made from old black earphones, white electrical tape, and a whole lotta love on the husband's part.
All other costume pieces were from fabric residing in my Stash Closet of Doom. The only thing I had to buy for this outfit were belt buckles and fittings for the yellow/orange belt pieces. The girls learned how to measure and mark fabric, and then paint the fabric, also using paint that resided in my Stash Closet of Doom.
Oh yeah, the blue rectangular shaped piece on the armbands? From my mom's Stash Room of Doom, bits and bobs left over from my prom dress made ahem years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment