Friday, June 18, 2010

Spring Fling Pillowcase Dress

I completely hand stitched this dress in a Residence Inn we stayed at in Memphis. I was bored and had brought some sewing supplies with me so I figured why not!? It's made from a 50 cent pillow case, about 10 cents worth of vintage lace from a thrift store and some green remnant fabric that I think cost me $1.20, but I only used about 3/4ths of it. The buttons were on sale at Jo Ann's about a year ago and were 20 cents. Grand total of approx $1.70. It's made from a 1960's pattern I had with me. I really liked the exterior fabric, The crisp white and bright flowers really got me. I simply cut the pieces and made it as the instructions said to. The only things I did differently was to add the lace trim on the dress and to substitute drawstrings in the bloomers for elastic. to do this all I had to do was to make the "string" out of the floral fabric by folding it over twice and sewing it down.




Jenny at Kerrfect!

5 comments:

  1. ooo! i LOVE this!!! especially because you made it out of a pillow case!! awesome idea!

    sisters4saymoreismore.blogspot.com

    ps. TTTC? i have been racking my brain and couldn't figure it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what TITC means, lol sorry?


    Thanks you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the floral pattern. And the design that crosses over in the back ... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ten kinds of adorable. That you did it all by hand makes it absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete