About a week ago, I finished the skirt I mentioned in my introduction. I'm very happy with the way it turned out!
The process of making it wasn't without snags. I made the size that corresponded to my measurements, but I ended up having to take it in about 4 inches so it would fit my waist! Unfortunately, that was after the side zipper was in and the yoke was attached - serves me right for not trying it on sooner! It also looks more poofy that in does in the pattern picture, but I think it still works. I don't think the pictures below really do the skirt or the fabric justice, but I hope you get the idea. :-)
Close up of the fabric. There are some really pretty gold flecks throughout that don't show up at all in the picture.
Next up, re-doing another skirt that didn't fit right (I love skirts!) and then I'm going to go crazy making tops. I desperately need more tops!