Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello and introduction

Hi! Thanks for letting me be a part of The Thrifty Garde Robe!

I'm Melissa and I live in Maryland with my husband and our 4 kids. I love to sew and I try to find time to do it as much as I can, which isn't easy. My mom taught me to sew when I was a little girl, but it's only been in the last few years that I've taken it up seriously again. I signed up with Wardrobe Refashion last year, but my 3 year old son became sick soon after my term began, so I ended up not doing much sewing, let alone posting about it. Now, nine months later, his treatment has ended and he's recovering nicely, and I have a little more time. I thought about re-signing with WR, but was disappointed by the new changes. I am glad I found The Thrifty Garde Robe and the opportunity to be a part of a community of such talented people! I've lurked occasionally on some of your blogs and have been so inspired.

I'm finishing up a skirt using McCall's 5631. I hope I can get it done soon to post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment