Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kimono PJ's and an Appliqued Dino



I managed to finish the pj shorts I was planning for my son. I bought the fabric originally to make him a banner for his birthday. I bought a little extra, but I wasn't sure what I would make out of it. I revisited my kimonos thinking about summer pajamas for my boy. The ties/trim were some bias tape I bought at the thrift store. I used a thrifted pattern for the shorts and cut out the pieces last week. Being the airhead that I can be sometimes, I didn't realize they included pockets (not really important for pj's), so when I went to sew them today, I had to cut the pockets out of an old t-shirt. Plus, I used my serger for the first time! I did pretty well, and now I'm motivated to take it to more adventurous projects. Oh, I used the blind hem stitch for the first time using my regular machine. Stay tuned for some more pj's and a robe, too. (I've started them.)



The dinosaur shirt was a 75cent find at the thrift store. I added the applique. You can see a pretty lame tutorial I did for them here. Fun! And, they're great for covering up spots on your kid's clothing.

Peace, Tamara

1 comment:

  1. your son will look so cute in his new tee shirt and pj's! have fun with your serger, I sure do!

    ReplyDelete