Monday, April 19, 2010

Back to basics

Over at my blog, I'll be sharing one of my favorite first dresses. I loved the dress, it was inspired out of my desire to save money. I love, LOVE boutique items for my girls, but hate to pay the ridiculous prices people were charging online. But soon after making that dress, browsing the aisles at fabric stores, I realized how expensive this hobby could get. My very first real "refashion" would be my pillowcase dress which I'd like to share. If anything, to bring it all back to basics, as a reminder if only to myself, how inexpensive it is to create. I bought a pillowcase from Salvation Army for .50 and turned it into a dress.

The directions I found online were extremely confusing to decipher so if any of you would like my lamens terms explanation, please leave a comment here and I'll post it there!


1 comment:

  1. What a delicate print on that dress. Isn't it great that something so blah like a pillow case can turn into something so delightful like a dress?

    ReplyDelete