I was going to wait until tomorrow to introduce myself, but I just couldn't wait. ADD you see?
My name is Jessica, aka Kahlan's Mommy...
I first started sewing when I was about 7 or 8... I made (with Granny's help) a Christmas stocking out of some red and green lightweight corduroy... (Did I spell that right?) It is really cute, and still around. My mom has it and still hangs it up for me every Christmas...
Sewing comes and goes with me, as do all my hobbies including knitting, crochet, quilting, embroidery, baking, cake decorating, card making, and digital scrapbooking. I'll be totally devoted to one for a month or three, and then it's on to a different one for a while. (I told you I had ADD)
My most recent sewing/fabricy projects have included
- a refashioned dress and buttercup bag for K out of a $0.10 ladies shirt I got at the thrift store
- another buttercup bag out of a grey skirt (same store, same price...)
- several spring dresses for K using patterns from ikat bag. (Lier is my HERO)
- a refashioned skirt/pant combo for K out of an old long sleeved t-shirt
- a pair of refashioned leggings out of another old long sleeved shirt, with matching appliques on a white onesie
- about a dozen Morsbags, (plus a few matching potholders as Christmas gifts)
- HAIRBOWS! LOL... I made 5 of the ladybug bows, but bigger, plus I copied a Christmas bow in black ribbon, and a big droopy double looped bow in black ribbon (I'm a touch gothy at times ;D )
- a me-sized denim blue cotton twirl skirt (5 tiers, not 3)
- more dresses and clothes for K, including a pink shirt with white polka dots
- some refashions/new sews for me
Another nifty I found lately: Sew & Tell Fridays. Sew, photo, post, link, WIN. Schweet.
Anyway... enough chatter from me, this post is getting on about a mile long now...
Be sure to check out my blog too! (which is being revived from a long, long dormancy)