Friday, April 30, 2010

Hello Yellow

Okay. Maybe not yellow. I tend to wear more muted colors. But it sounded funny to my easily amused brain.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to introduce myself, but I just couldn't wait. ADD you see?

My name is Jessica, aka Kahlan's Mommy...

I'm 24 25, married to a frustratingly wonderfully loving man. We have a 2 year old little girl who is my favorite person in the world, and I am a SAHM to them both ;D

I first started sewing when I was about 7 or 8... I made (with Granny's help) a Christmas stocking out of some red and green lightweight corduroy... (Did I spell that right?) It is really cute, and still around. My mom has it and still hangs it up for me every Christmas...

Sewing comes and goes with me, as do all my hobbies including knitting, crochet, quilting, embroidery, baking, cake decorating, card making, and digital scrapbooking. I'll be totally devoted to one for a month or three, and then it's on to a different one for a while. (I told you I had ADD)

My most recent sewing/fabricy projects have included
  • a refashioned dress and buttercup bag for K out of a $0.10 ladies shirt I got at the thrift store
  • another buttercup bag out of a grey skirt (same store, same price...)
  • several spring dresses for K using patterns from ikat bag. (Lier is my HERO)
  • a refashioned skirt/pant combo for K out of an old long sleeved t-shirt
  • a pair of refashioned leggings out of another old long sleeved shirt, with matching appliques on a white onesie
  • about a dozen Morsbags, (plus a few matching potholders as Christmas gifts)
  • HAIRBOWS! LOL... I made 5 of the ladybug bows, but bigger, plus I copied a Christmas bow in black ribbon, and a big droopy double looped bow in black ribbon (I'm a touch gothy at times ;D )
Upcoming projects include
  • a me-sized denim blue cotton twirl skirt (5 tiers, not 3)
  • more dresses and clothes for K, including a pink shirt with white polka dots
  • some refashions/new sews for me
  • panties
Sewing is about to get a lot more fun... I've taken a 4 month'er at WR... thankfully the free was extended... I chose 4 months because that gets me through the summer and parks me right at the beginning of fall when it gets a lot harder to avoid buying clothes. (Skirts may be fine and dandy in the summer, but cold blooded me has to have pants in the winter and jeans patterns for someone my size and shape don't seem to exist)

Another nifty I found lately: Sew & Tell Fridays. Sew, photo, post, link, WIN. Schweet.

Anyway... enough chatter from me, this post is getting on about a mile long now...

Be sure to check out my blog too! (which is being revived from a long, long dormancy)

~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. welcome! sounds like you have been really busy! can't wait to see some of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - Could you drop me an email at ptkdesigns@hughes.net? I have questions regarding knitting. Thanks a bunch.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete