Sunday, April 18, 2010

Warm Hello from Down under

Hi!

My name is Glenda. I'm 32, married and we're raising a 16mth old toddler. I live in Perth, Western Australia and love to make stuff when my tot asleep. Sewing will be a real challenge with a tot hugging your feet, tugging the fabric or knocking her head to the sewing table :)

When I was (a lot) younger, I use to watched my mother sewing bathrobe, quilt, placemat, blanket but loathed the idea of sewing, cross-stitching, knitting, embroidery, let alone doing it. But since my college years, I hate wearing the same clothes with other people and started refashion/upcycling/whatever you name it to make my clothes more personalized, with hand sewing. But as you know, hand sewing project will took ages to finish (at least for me), so I tend to forget/abandon/quit whatever I was working on.

For the last 10 months, I'm doing my project with an old sewing machine (second hand, bought on local ebay seller) but works just fine for me to learn more about sewing while I am saving money to buy a brand new one.

Now I can say I am addicted to sew. I love making things out of forgotten/un-used/unwanted clothes/fabrics, and I have made several garments for my tot who seems pretty happy with everything I put on her. I also learnt how to mend/shorten my husband jeans (and mine too) because it's saving money.

Thanks to NinjaEema who invited me to TTGR. I am sooo excited to be here and looking forward to get to know all the sewing ladies!!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment