Friday, April 9, 2010

Hello Again

I wanted to re-introduce myself to everyone. I've been sewing for a little over two years. I was a hard core knitter before I figured out how to work my sewing machine. I mostly make clothes for my daughter, but I also make lots of items for myself. My great grandmother was a dress-maker by profession. She died when I was still young, but everyone always talks about what a wonderful seamstress she was. She could look at you and immediately know your measurements and dress size and she was always re-working her old clothes into something new.

I sew because I love sewing, but I also do it to save money. About a year ago, I decided that I would only buy fabric at the thrift store, on sale, with a coupon, from the remnant bin, or just buy old clothes and re-work them into something new. This strategy, along with garage sales and Freecycle, have really made sewing a money saving hobby for me.

I'm so excited to start sharing my new projects with you,

NinjaEema

No comments:

Post a Comment