Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my last weekend refashioning project..

Hi again!

Here's my last weekend refashioning project. The victim : a stripey jumper made from 100% lambswool, size UK10, purchased on thrift store.

A couple of hours later, after a few snips in here and some stitching in there, the jumper become :
# 1 : A loose fitting woolen dress. I added elastic band on the armhole, neckline and waistline to fit my 16month old girl. Still too big for her but she can wear it with skivvy and legging underneath on the colder days.

#2 : Hideous leg warmer/legging wannabe that makes you stare a little bit longer than you have to :D Working on the sleeves part was a bit tricky for me because I don't know how to make a neat and even opening to put elastic without cutting the knitted woolen, I was just afraid of ruining the fabric. So, I came up with this hideous idea. These long tubes joined with a piece of cloth which unfortunately, shaped like underwear, in red jersey because that's what's on my stash, if someday I got dark thick grey jersey, I definitely will change it. My husband hate this leg warmer/legging wannabe and he thought I was inspired by Superman, Batman, Spiderman or other kind undies heroes. But when I tried it on my tot, she looks fine, just fine. Cozy and warm, despite the gigantic red-underwear-look-a-like screaming aout on her bum. God bless this sweet forgiving child :)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable, adorable, adorable! How sweet of a little lady is she? Too cute, and the dress, it's cute too. I did bust out with those tights, but on they look terrific! Amazing refashion Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dress!!! The tights look great on...why not just wear them under dresses and skirts with little boots, that way you don't have to worry about the superhero thing!!!

    ReplyDelete