Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quick Fix!

I love "Bag Sales". Where I live there are two local churches that have rummage sales every spring and fall. All you can fit into a brown paper grocery bag for 3 bucks! Here's a super quick fix I did on a top I found at the sale for my daughter, Ruby. The top was a children's size 10. Ruby wears a size 6. I thought I'd have to do a little cutting and sewing till I realized there was old stretched out elastic in the back. So out with the old, in with the new!
10 to 6 Ruby Shirt
I simply put in a much smaller new piece of elastic which gathered up the extra fabric wonderfully. In the future I'll be able to replace the elastic with longer pieces till Ruby does wear a size 10.
10 to 6 Ruby Shirt
I did angle the straps slightly to prevent them from slipping off her shoulders but that required only a few hand stitches on each strap. I love it and so does Ruby.

2 comments:

  1. What a great top! I'm so glad you were able to make it work so she can wear it until she's a size 10, great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nifty way to recycle.

    Ruby is a great little model too.

    ReplyDelete